Exciting news from the Performing Arts Faculty is the announcement of next year's School Production,...
Junior School - P.E
Casey Grammar’s Health and Physical Education program encourages students to develop cooperative and collaborative skills in a range of movement activities.
Students are supported to develop resilience when solving movement challenges and learning new skills. There is a large focus in the Early Years on the development and refinement of fundamental motor skills, which are important in allowing students to develop movement confidence.
In the Upper Years, these skills are continually refined and applied in game and sport based situations. Students consistently engage in discussion about healthy lifestyles, and reflect on the numerous ways to improve and maintain their own physical and mental health in and out of school.
In addition to Health and Physical Education lessons, Years 3-6 students will compete in a range of sporting opportunities. Some of these include:
- Athletics (Years 1-6), Cross Country and Swimming carnivals
- Lightning Premiership (Years 5/6)
- Hoop Time Basketball
- Casey Cup Netball tournament
- Melbourne Stars T20 Cricket Big Bash
- AFL Gala Event
- A variety of coaching clinics, including golf, tennis, orienteering, cricket, AFL, softball, basketball, netball
- Jump Rope for Heart (Years Prep-6)
- Years Prep-5 Aquatic Education
- Year 6 Beach Program